Monday, March 15, 2010

Ministry

Dustin and I have been together for almost 14 years. We dated a year, were engaged for a year and we will celebrate 12 years of marriage this June! Crazy to think it has been that long, but I can't remember him not being a part of my life, which I love!!

Literally, 2 seconds after we were married, someone in our church "volunteered" (HA!) us to start leading the youth group! I'm pretty sure we found this out (randomly) the first Sunday we were back from our honeymoon! So, Dustin and I became "youth leaders."

Some years later, Dustin was offerred a paid position as youth pastor for a little church. We thought (to ourselves) that we would give it 3 months, reevaluate and go from there. Within a month (probably not quite!) the pastor that was part of the group of elders that hired him, QUIT! Yes, QUIT! We got a call, late one Saturday night from one of the elders and he told us that the pastor was resigning the next day! WHAT??!! We weren't sure what was going to happen at that point, but we stayed at the church and ministered there for the next 5 years and were very blessed to be apart of that church!

After those 5 years, the church went in a different direction that no longer suited our family. At this point we had a sweet, little baby boy....LOGAN! Thus began the LONG, and I mean LONG, journey of finding a new church to suit our family.

We visited numerous churches and even revisited churches but we didn't feel a peace about any of them. A couple of years later and another sweet, little baby boy...LUKE, I am happy to say that we have found a church and low and behold Dustin is once again a volunteer youth pastor!

Our new church is VERY family oriented, which I love! There are many different bible studies and ministry opportunities. It is very exciting!

Yesterday, we had our first youth meeting. There were about 10 teens along with Dustin, our boys and I. Dustin wanted Logan and Luke to be there so the teens could meet them and see us as a family! Let me just say that I am not prepared for Jr. High youth! HA! They are good kids, don't get me wrong, but we have been out of the "youth" stage for almost 5 years, so it's going to take a little time to get back into the swing of things!

We are very excited to be in the ministry again and are excited to see where God leads the youth group and our family. If you think of it, please pray for our family and our new ministry and also pray for your church and the ministries there! Who doesn't need prayer, right??!!

Have a blessed week!

No comments: