Friday, February 16, 2007

Dustin

As a teenager I never really dated a lot. I always dreamed of the day that I would have a boyfriend. I was "in love" with the idea of being "in love." I was always attracted to the wrong guys. I remember being in high school and thinking that I would never get married. I longed for the day that I would meet my Prince Charming.

I remember seeing Dustin for the first time at a walleyball outing. He passed me, and I swear, this is the thought that went through my mind..."oh, I'll probably marry someone like him." I had never seen him before and surely didn't talk to him. I was not drawn to him when I first saw him. It is funny because Dustin doesn't remember seeing me that night.

Dustin was the best friend of a guy that I have known since birth. Dustin and this person went to school together and worked at the local market together. This friend of ours had a bible study for young adults at his house and over the next few months Dustin and I saw each other there occasionally.

We did eventually go on a date and let me just tell you that I was one of three dates he had within two days!!! Can you say "player"? So, we went out a couple of times and then I moved away to do missions work for 6 months. Before I came back home, I started thinking about Dustin. I came home in June of '06 and we started dating that summer and have been together ever since. We will celebrate our 9 year wedding anniversary this year. Looking back, I am glad that I didn't have a lot of dates when I was a teenager. Dustin was my first real boyfriend and I am happy with the way things turned out! : )

I say all of this because at times I know I take him for granted. Especially lately when I haven't been feeling good due to this pregnancy. I just want to publically say that Dustin is the best husband in the world. He takes such good care of me and Logan. He has helped out so much around the house these passed few months. Just being with him makes me feel better. I also love to watch him with Logan. He is such a good daddy. Logan just lights up when Dustin is around. I can't wait to see Dustin with our new baby. He truly is my Prince Charming and I thank God that he brought us together.

I love you, Dustin and appreciate all you do for me!


**Just wanted to let everyone know that Dustin's grandmother passed away 2 weeks ago. We know she is in Heaven for eternity and find comfort in that. Thank you to all of you who have prayed for her and the family.**

No comments: